Sunday, September 14, 2008

Nothing warms a house like a Cosmo...



...Cupcake that is. Okay, that was really cheesy, but it's pretty late Sunday night and I've had a pretty full weekend. On Saturday I went to my friend's housewarming, and I thought it'd be a good chance to try out a new recipe for cosmo-inspired cupcakes. The cake itself is cranberry-lime, soaked in vodka-cranberry syrup and topped with cranberry lime buttercream. The recipe I found for the frosting really needs fixing. I made it almost according to the instructions, but I cut the sugar in half and when I tasted it, it was still too sweet so I added a package of cream cheese to cut that. It came out much better, but still a bit too sweet for my taste. I'll try to incorporate these flavors into a meringue buttercream for next time. I shared a few of the "extras" with my friends, and my family, and my sister brought two of them back to school with her to share with her friends there. All in all the cupcakes were a hit at the party and everyone I heard back from, though my parent's agreed with me on the frosting, which just goes to show just how spoiled they are :)

2 comments:

Kajal@aapplemint said...

haha no thats not cheesy, rather brilliant. Love how you've put the cosmo cupcake in a cocktail glass :P

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna!

I'm Irina's roommate, and I devoured one of those cupcakes!!! They were simply HEAVENLY, and you are AMAZING. I saw the picture of the cupcake on your site and got super excited. Thank you so much! :)

Mindy